Monday, April 02, 2012

Honesty.....


      How honest are you in your journaling? Or maybe a better question is - do you let others read your honest entries?

I have chronic whiplash and some days are bad...let's just say it's not pretty.  On those days I can't do much of anything let alone sit at my art table and create.  When I try to create on one of these days - my negativity tends to come out and my journaling usually ends up as more of a bitch session than anything else.

I guess it's as real as it gets.

My journals are essentially open books - I let anyone and everyone read what they would like to.  I am basically quite a private person and anything involving another person I do disguise my writing after getting it out.  Some of my pages have my deep dark thoughts under layers of paint.  Going back months later to try to read them - I find I have forgotten what I've written!!  If that's not good therapy then I don't don't what is!!

A couple of weeks ago I woke with one of my horrible neck/headaches and all I wanted to do was sit at my table and create....this is what I created....

  Journaling is very new to me and I do struggle with pretty much all aspects of it. I would love to hear your thoughts on honesty in journaling....



2 comments:

  1. What wonderful expression! thank you for sharing.

    Maralyn B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Maralyn!! It's wonderful to see you here - thanks for stopping by!!

    ReplyDelete